Utah Soccer Association
Covid-19 Safety Protocol
The health and safety of our coaches, players, referees, and fans is of utmost concern during this time. As a result, we are outlining some Association mandated changes along with some recommended safety precautions for each team to follow. These items are designed to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 during Utah Soccer Association matches.
If a player or coach in your club tests positive for coronavirus, the following measures must be taken:
- Immediately remove player/coach from all team activities
- Inform the team that someone has tested positive (do not disclose names) and encourage everyone to monitor for symptoms
- A Positive Player/coach/manager goes into 10-day quarantine
- All members of the team should be immediately notified that a member tested positive.
- At least five days prior to a scheduled game, it must be notified to the Association as well as all members of the Club and Team
All Players/coach/manager with a close contact exposure should quarantine for 14 days.
A "close contact exposure" means a person was closer than 6 feet or 2 meters (about 2 armlengths) from someone who tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or longer. Key point, the person who tested positive was un-masked during this exposure period.
ASSOCIATION MANDATED CHANGES
- Symptoms - Do not play or travel if:
- You are exhibiting any symptoms of coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and or difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
- You have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You are a vulnerable individual: A vulnerable individual is an individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma and those whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
- Wear a mask to and from the field for all soccer activities
- Wear a mask on the bench during matches and scrimmages
- Do not attend a match, practice, scrimmage, etc. if you are sick
- Limit carpooling to training and matches
- Limit physical contact with coaches and players - high fives, fist bumps, hugs, etc.
- Use hand sanitizer after being subbed off the field, at halftime, and postgame
- Social distance from other players before and after soccer activities
- Coughing, Sneezing and Spitting: Do not spit, cough, sneeze, blow nose, or discharge any other bodily fluids at any time either on or near the field or within 6 feet of another person. Spiting on a player is an automatic Red Card. Any other listed infraction is now subject to a Yellow Card.
- No Spectators Allowed: Spectators will not be allowed at any Utah Soccer Association matches unless local and/or state government guidelines allow for spectators at such events.
- Roster Check: Roster Check must take place in an open area with players standing at least 6 feet apart.
- It is recommended that the team obtains an Infrared Thermometer. Note: You may want to check Amazon as their prices seem to be decent.
- Symptom Check:
- Do you have a temperature at = 38C (100.4F)
- Are you currently experiencing any symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, lost sense of smell or taste, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea?
- Do you have anyone in your household that has tested positive for COVID-19, or exhibited a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Team Handshakes: Teams handshakes have been eliminated both during pregame and postgame.
- No Sharing of Water Bottles, Food or Towels, etc.: Each player should have their own beverage bottle, preferably listing your name. Shared beverage stations are not allowed.
- Bench Area: There should be enough seating to allow coaches and substitute players to remain at least 4 feet apart. If less than 4 feet apart.
- No Close Verbal Exchanges: Close verbal exchanges between players and between players and referees, such as "getting in someone's face" will not be permitted. Under all times and circumstances stay away at least 6 feet from the game officials.
- Disinfect Match Soccer Ball: Prior to kick off in each half, the match ball is recommended to be wiped clean by the Referee.
- Celebrations: No hugging, high fives, or other physical contact for goal celebrations.
RECOMMENDED SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Elderly Relatives: Players and coaches living at home with an elderly relative (56+ yrs.) or a vulnerable individual as described above, are recommended not to participate at this time.
- Transportation to Games: Any groups traveling to and from games should wear masks in their vehicles during the commute as designated under mandated changes.
- Hand Sanitizer: Each team should make best efforts to have hand sanitizer available for use by its players and manager/ coaches.
- Maintain Proper Social Distancing before and after games.
- Referees: Referees can wear facemasks during the game, pre-game activity and until they leave the field.
- Post-Game: No extracurricular or social activity should take place. No congregating. Players should leave the facility promptly.
PARTICIPATION IN THE UTAH SOCCER ASSOCIATION MATCHES IS VOLUNTARY AND REQUIRES THE SIGNING OF A WAIVER.
For additional information on COVID-19 please visit www.cdc.gov or coronavirus.utah.gov
By signing this registration application via the checkbox, I hereby acknowledge that I have read the information above and accept the bylaws, rules, policies, procedures, etc. as described within this waiver.